Issue debit cards without the need to send a PIN mailer
When cardholders receive new or replacement cards, they must activate them using your jXchange method, such as IVR. To use First PIN, a cardholder contacts your call center to have the card set up. The call center will create a blank offset field for the card. When a cardholder next uses the card at an ATM or for any PIN-based POS transaction, the PIN entered on the first transaction becomes the permanent PIN.
If a cardholder later forgets the PIN or believes it has been compromised, your call center can clear the PIN offset again, and the cardholder sets a permanent PIN on the next ATM or POS transaction, just as with a new card. For any PIN change to occur, the card must be activated and the PIN offset field on the card record must be blank.
What It Does
- Enables cardholders to choose and set PINs for new debit cards
- Enables cardholders to choose and set new PINs if the old PINs are forgotten or believed to be compromised
- Allows banks to issue new cards without sending PIN mailers
What It Does For Me
- Saves money and simplifies operations by eliminating PIN mailers
- Increases security through easy PIN change ability
- Increases cardholder satisfaction by giving customers choice and control