Anti-fraud text alert service for ATM/debit card transactions
smsGuardian is an anti-fraud text alert notification service that sends transaction alerts directly to a cardholder’s mobile phone or other SMS-enabled device. If the cardholder rejects the unauthorized activity, the information is immediately routed to a Jack Henry & Associates’ fraud analyst who blocks the card and contacts the cardholder by phone. Banks can choose to send messages for every transaction or they can predefine rules that designate when a cardholder is alerted, such as when transactions exceed a dollar amount or when they occur outside of the United States. This added layer of security enables fraudulent activity to be identified and stopped immediately which significantly reduces the likelihood that subsequent unauthorized transactions will occur.
This solution is available to banks automated by the SilverLake System®, CIF 20/20®, and Core Director® platforms.
What It Does
- Sends alerts about suspicious card activity directly to cardholders via text message.
- Routes notification of fraud to an analyst for card blocking and follow up.
- Sends alerts for all transactions or a choice of pre-defined options.
- Supports all major mobile phone carriers.
- Generates monthly reports that detail account access, confirmed enrollments, and alert messages sent.
What It Does For You
- Reduces ATM and debit card fraud and the likelihood of repeated unauthorized transactions.
- Preserves customer trust and loyalty and puts them in greater control over fraud prevention.
- Safeguards bank and customer assets.
- Protects customers’ credit ratings.
- Notifies cardholders prior to expiration so they can respond to a renewal text in order to extend their enrollment.
- Allows cardholders to enroll up to 10 mobile numbers per card number.
- Supports “do not disturb” times where messages can be queued and sent after the designated quiet period.
- Provides convenient and accessible card enrollment and account management features.