The landscape of the financial industry is rapidly evolving, especially when it comes to digital payments. With smartphone and third-party wallets like Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay™, and Android Pay™ on the rise, mobile users are expecting convenient, easy-touse, secure methods of making payments. Tokenization is the new emerging standard for mobile transactions that uses numeric tokens to protect cardholders’ sensitive credit and debit card information.
Part of JHA Payment Solutions’ platform of tightly integrated Card Processing Solutions™, Tokenization is offered as MasterCard® Digital Enablement Service (MDES) and Visa® Token Services (VTS).
What It Does
- Enables mobile transactions by provisioning tokens for use in mobile devices, empowering merchants to accept payments via third-party wallet-providers.
- Protects credit and debit cards by substituting the primary account number (PAN) with a numeric token that can be processed by all participants in the payment ecosystem.
- Digitally stores PANs in a secure token vault.
- Allows card issuers to retain ownership of the cardholder relationship.
What It Does For You
- Expands the range of payment options for cardholders.
- Increases revenue.
- Reduces risk by enhancing online and mobile transaction security.
- Reduces the threat of online attacks and data breaches.